Atlanta Personal Trainer and Fitness Training

Jeff Michaud is a Atlanta personal trainer who can improve your fitness level. I'm also a USPTA tennis instructor. This site is dedicated to personal fitness and health in Alanta GA.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tails from the Personal Trainer

This article is written from the personal trainers perspective relaying my experiences about what clients are looking for, this is my story.
I had a potential client contact me about working with just one client six days week, eight hours a day. This would make sure this client ate right, exercised in various ways, weight training, stretching, aerobics, running etc. also doing tennis instruction and play, basket ball swimming and other recreational activities. Below is the email response that I sent to that potential client.
I appreciated the short conversation that we had, I just wanted to follow up with some thoughts that I had and some ideas for some strategies. I know that you were talking about a dedicated individual on a six-day plan to assist with exercise and nutrition etc. I would not be able to do this myself because of my commitments to my existing clients; I also believe that this might not be the best strategy for addressing the needs of your person. I believe that a better strategy would be to have a collection of trainers and fitness pro’s, taking your persons interest and needs and utilizing them as necessary. I have worked with clients that have had several fitness and exercise professionals. This strategy seemed to work better because each person brings different skills, strengths and knowledge to the table. Also keeps the workouts fresh and new, one of the biggest complaints is keeping things fresh and new and fun, multiply that by my understanding that you want one person 6 days a week for 6 to 8 hours is going to be very difficult to keep interesting. My proposal would be to use myself and several other fitness Pro’s and build a program around the strengths of these people and the interest of your client. Keeps the program fresh and you should always have someone available when you need them. Also makes it where if you need to change out a person, not so distributive to your clients.

My areas of experience.
Personal and group fitness training Certified Instructor
Tennis instruction. Certified Instructor
Running and Jogging, Jump Rope
Swimming, swimming instruction and swimming related exercise
Basketball, have a basketball-based workout, very fun and fast paced
Baseball/ Softball, I have access to batting cages and fields, again great fun exercise.
Football drills and exercise
Mountain biking
American Red Cross, CPR and First Aid classes completed

Conclusion from this email
Clients are looking for all kinds of things and have all kinds of goals, the goal for the trainer is try to take these requirements and build a program appropriate to the client.

Hope this is thought provoking for the fitness pro.

Take care
http:www.fitnesswithjeff.com

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home