Atlanta Personal Trainer and Fitness Training

Jeff Michaud is a Atlanta personal trainer who can improve your fitness level. I'm also a USPTA tennis instructor. This site is dedicated to personal fitness and health in Alanta GA.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Behind the back lat pull downs, Pro and Con

Hello Atlanta fitness group, a fellow by the name of Joe replyed to one of my Blogs saying that as a standard rule that Behind the back lat pulldowns are not good for you. Which of course if not done correctly or done with someone with a injury or with to much wieght or without experience or not under supervision of a personal trainer or numerous other reasons can be harmful. This was my response to his query. Always enjoy other peoples thoughts, we all learn together.

Hello Joe
Behind the back lat pulldowns are bad for the rotator cuff. How can you teach them? Doing core before the full body weight training is unsafe- It weakens your core! Then doing weights puts you in a stress position with a weak core??? Please give your reasons. Thanks, J

Everything can potentially be bad for something, it is a imperfect world, I say may times within my blog consider your situation, medical history and consult and doc or fitness pro prior to starting any fitness program. I also say start slowly and buildup. for my individual clients I work a fair amount of shoulder work so that the Rotator can handle the work. If you want send back a article and I will be glad to post.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home